Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are worksheets included in the efiled return

accoun5
Level 4

In Lacerte, are worksheets included in the efiled return? Or are only statements included as part of the efiled return?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5

If it prints as a Statement, then yes, it will go with the E-File.  If it is just a worksheet in the worksheets tab, then it should not be sent with the efile.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
kgreen8393
Level 5

My understanding is that in "Client Notes" - Statements are sent with the E-filed return but worksheets are not.

accoun5
Level 4

Thanks so much. Do you know if worksheets other than client generated notes will be part of the efile.

For example, will the Federal Worksheet for the QBI deduction be included in the efile?

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

I don't believe any worksheets are included in the E-File.  Are you talking about an Individual return or Partnership, etc.?

0 Cheers
accoun5
Level 4

Thanks so much for your response. I'm only talking about an individual return.

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

I don't believe the worksheets will go with an E-File for QBI on an Individual return due to new Form 8995/8995-A

0 Cheers
accoun5
Level 4

Thanks- In the individual module- do you know if other worksheets that you see when you click the Lacerte Worksheet tab like the Wage Schedule, Pension & Annuities Schedule are part of the efile?

I believe only statements are included in the efile.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

All those worksheets that when  printed say Keep For Your Records, are not sent to IRS.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kgreen8393
Level 5

If it prints as a Statement, then yes, it will go with the E-File.  If it is just a worksheet in the worksheets tab, then it should not be sent with the efile.

0 Cheers
accoun5
Level 4

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I think Lacerte just has worksheets for tax professionals to see calculations and only statements go with the efiled return.

0 Cheers
accoun5
Level 4

Thanks so much. It is my understanding that only the Forms and statements are including in the efile and that the worksheets are not included in the efile.

0 Cheers