Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apportioning K-1 between states

Harvest
Level 3

How do I get loss from K-1 to flow through to one state return and not another? I have a client that is Florida resident with K-1 from passive GA business. They also have a schedule F that does business substantial business in California. I cannot get K-1 income (and carryforward loss) to show up in federal return and GA return and exclude CA return.

If have tried every combination of "N" "S" and US/States. I tried to put in a "State, if different" amount of $0 but it still shows up on state return (but oddly it recalculates if I put a dollar in the box instead of a zero, but I need it to be a $0). I don't understand. Please help me understand whats going wrong here...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
zero is no 0 in Lacerte, it is -1 (negative one).

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15
zero is no 0 in Lacerte, it is -1 (negative one).

Harvest
Level 3

Yes that’s it! Thank you! I new to using lacerate and didn’t realize that!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte has lots of oddities, er cool tricks. Come back often we might be able to teach you a few.  There used to be a useful link to shortcuts. Maybe @IntuitBettyJo could find a new link. In the mean time you could print these and put them by your desk. FINAL_Lacerte_Tent_Card_(Page 1 of 2).jpgFINAL_Lacerte_Tent_Card_(Page 2 of 2).jpg

0 Cheers
Harvest
Level 3

Thank you for that! It will be extremely helpful!

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

We don't have an active article at this time, but here is what I could find: 

Spoiler

The following tables identify the keyboard shortcuts within Lacerte - Click to Expand

Want to learn more? Visit our online portal.

0 Cheers