Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator rights

You are supposed to help me.

I have administrator rights so that isn't the problem. 

I don't need to hire tech support for this problem. 

This is your problem.

You are supposed to help me.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
abctax55
Level 15

Um... no, we aren't "supposed to help you".

This is NOT Intuit/Lacerte support.  This is a peer 2 peer fellow users of the software forum. 

Perhaps explain the actual problem & one of us might be able to assist.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

@abctax55 Lol, I don't remember if it was ever there but the title of this Community now says in BIG bold letters (even though this is not Support as you so eloquently pointed out)...

Community and Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Well... we *do* support each other 😀

But I stand by my statement that we are not "INTUIT" support, and as volunteers we are not "supposed" to help.  We help each other because we choose to; because we are generally nice folks; and because we need all those votes for the Christmas shopping catalogue.  Perhaps you haven't received yours yet, as you are overseas ?

( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

We're not Intuit Support.  That's a big distinction.  (Tongue in cheek: Doesn't Intuit have verbiage in the disclaimers to disavow having any association with users in this Community???)

Oh, yes, I did receive the Acme catalog for Christmas.  I think I am just short of a few votes to virtually exchange for the gift I really fancy.  Think I'm gonna work more overtime this month to earn those votes 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Iton

I wasn't clear.  I wasn't talking about the community support.  I was talking about the lack of support from Intuit.  Sorry for being unclear.  

0 Cheers

see my response below.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @Strongsilence-CPA.. We're just having a bit of fun.

Often times, folks get better and quicker responses that they can use from this Community than by contacting Intuit Support.

If your post was meant to be a complaint about Intuit Support, it ain't going anywhere.

If you need some help, however, which does not entail intervention from Intuit, please provide the details and someone here may have an idea how it could be resolved.

Cheers!

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@itonewbie   What gift might that be, and how short are you?  I'm really curtailing my gift giving this year and could be persuaded to share some of my points.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@Strongsilence-CPA 

No worries - we can get a bit goofy when the deadline pressure is off (altho I really DO need to finish a few exempt org tax returns by Monday).

Please detail the exact issue & one of us might be able to help you out.  It's worth a try; especially if it prevents having to call *real* support.

( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Thanks, @abctax55! I'm not quite sure though.  As with everything here, it's a shifting target. 😉

Still an AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about the community support."

Yes, that is the audience you are reaching here, so it would be helpful to you helping yourself, to provide some sort of detail as to just what sort of help you would like, in case the peer users here can be of help.

Otherwise, if you want Intuit support, you would need to contact Intuit Support. Not the peer user Community.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

You need administrative rights to your computer. 

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers