Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Direct Pay Option to Client Letter

A_Portugal
Level 2

In the standard client letter navigation I see the direct pay header and wording, but it does not print in my client letters.  I feel like there is a box I didn't check somewhere so that it will print.  Suggestions Anyone?  Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Typically you can find where it would be as a default by pressing F1 at that entry point. In this case it does not say anything, so my initial guess is NO. 

If  you go to Settings > Client Letter > you will not find any "options". You can take the text of the Direct Pay Section and copy it, then paste it in the Main Letter Body in each of the 3 IRS Address (Payments...) sections as a more generic version such as "As an alternative to paying by paper check, federal income tax payments can be made using the IRS Direct Pay electronic payment method. This service is free and can be used to pay your individual tax bill or estimated tax payment directly from your checking or savings account. To access online, visit www.irs.gov/payments for more information. This may be done in lieu of using 1040V and/or 1040ES"

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 5 > Second Section (Client Letter) > last check box in that section. 

A_Portugal
Level 2

Thank you!!  Do you know if there is somewhere in the setup where it would apply to all returns similar to the credit card instructions?  That way each return with a balance due would not have to be adjusted in screen 5?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Typically you can find where it would be as a default by pressing F1 at that entry point. In this case it does not say anything, so my initial guess is NO. 

If  you go to Settings > Client Letter > you will not find any "options". You can take the text of the Direct Pay Section and copy it, then paste it in the Main Letter Body in each of the 3 IRS Address (Payments...) sections as a more generic version such as "As an alternative to paying by paper check, federal income tax payments can be made using the IRS Direct Pay electronic payment method. This service is free and can be used to pay your individual tax bill or estimated tax payment directly from your checking or savings account. To access online, visit www.irs.gov/payments for more information. This may be done in lieu of using 1040V and/or 1040ES"

A_Portugal
Level 2

Thanks for the quick response.  That was my next alternative, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing and easy check box.  Thanks for the help!

pamdory
Level 8

I just stumbled over the checkbox for this.  Settings>Options>Tax Return In the Tax Return Options section, second from the bottom (just before the Federal Tax Options).  You'll see the check box, actually a Yes/No option.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I like pictures. This includes what you get when you press F1 at that entry area found by @pamdory 

Screenshot 2023-02-01 082958.jpg