Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCESS VIOLATION ADDRESS

garyg
Level 1

I TRIED INITIALIZING THE 2019 TAX PROGRAM AND IT WENT INTO A LOOP.  I COULDN'T CLOSE THE PROGRAM  SO AFTER 10 MINUTES I POWERED OFF.

I TRIED BRING UP THE 2019 PROGRAM AND GOT THIS MESSAGE:

Do before initializing exception=error initializing configuration

Address violation at address 006D2E52 'w19tax.exe'. read of address 00000000

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
chrisgarywhip
Level 2

Yes we have been down for days with the same message. It is effecting all our computers so any help to resolve would be great. We aren't sure if it is the latest update that has caused this.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

FORCE a reinstall via WebSetUp (even if it says you are up-to-date).  

(click on windows icon lower left & type in WebSetUp...)

If that doesn't work, you may have to call support.  There was also a recent Windows update; so verify that installed correctly.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@chrisgarywhip 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/my-lacerte-is-not-working-aft...

( Generic Comment )"
ABraverman
Level 1

I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR 2 DAYS TRYING TO RESOVE THIS PROBLEM!!!

I CANNOT USE ANY YEAR OF MY LACERTE ON MY COMPUTER.  YESTERDAY, I FIRST CONTACTED MY I.T. COMPANY AND THEY CALLED AND LATER TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE ON HOLD FOR SEVERAL HOURS UNTIL IT WAS CLOSING TIME.

I CALLED MYSELF TODAY AND HAVE BEEN ON HOLD WITH YOU GUYS FOR WELL OVER AN HOUR AFTER HAVING TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S COMPUTER EARLIER.  ALMOST ALL OF MY WORK INVOLVES LACERTE, ESPECIALLY YEAR END PLANNING.

YOUR WORKERS ARE ALL ON VACATION OR TOOK THE WEEK OFF AND YOU ARE KEEPING US IN THE DARK.  PLEASE CONTACT US [ME] IMMEDIATELY AT 212-994-9090.

0 Cheers
ABraverman
Level 1

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT READ MY COMMENT!!!  WEVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR 2 DAYS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET RID OF THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE AND GET BACK ON LACERTE:

DoBeforeInitialize: Exception = Error initializing config.

Access violation at address 50495ABB in module ‘vc190.bpl’. Read of address 00000048

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

*WE* aren't Intuit/Lacerte - so please stop yelling at us.  

*WE* can't fix it for you.

I am sorry you are having problems tho.

Edit:

Here's one thread with some suggestions for "access violation" errors & things to try.  There are more...do a search.

Edit # 2:

Try the WebSetUp & force it even if it says you are up-to-date. 

( Generic Comment )"