Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8594 Form

OneCPA
Level 2

I have a single member LLC who purchased a dental practice. I'm completing the Form 8594, and the 'name' on the form shows as the husband and wife (from the 1040). I do not see where I can get the name of my LLC on this Form. (The wife did not purchase the practice).

Any suggestions??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karinal
Level 2

You do not need to change the "Name as shown on return" line as it is a joint tax return.  It won't matter that both names are on the top of the page.  This statement is used so the IRS can bridge the buyer information (and social security number) to the sellers.  

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
karinal
Level 2

You do not need to change the "Name as shown on return" line as it is a joint tax return.  It won't matter that both names are on the top of the page.  This statement is used so the IRS can bridge the buyer information (and social security number) to the sellers.  

Hope this helps.

OneCPA
Level 2

Ok. I don't like it, lol.....but I will go with it.

(I am supplying my Form to the Seller (to use my language in the Employment Contract and Non Compete section....so I think I will just change it (or just blank it out) on the one I provide to him. I'm afraid MY dentist is not going to like it! ha)

Thanks for your reply.

0 Cheers