Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

83 B election

What screen do I use to attach an 83-B election

Thank you

Leonard

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

You can attach the election statement your client should have already filed with the IRS like you do with any other e-file attachments.

See this article for details instructions: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/attaching-pdf-documents-to-a-1040-return/...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

@itonewbie would it be linked to Main Form > 1040 Other?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Yes, I'd link it to the Main Form > 1040-Other since it'd be related to compensation and the accelerated recognition of income is reported on the W-2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
forcaas
Level 1

I RECEIVED A 1099 NEC FOR A A STOCK GRANT THAT I SOLD BACK TO COMPANY.  I CHOSE PR PAY TAXES IN THE FORM OF 83B.  HOW DO I RECORD THIS TRANSACTION IN TURBO TAX

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

@sjrcpa looks like there might be a lot of last minute Tuuurrrrdo Taaaxerrrrrs. 😉