Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Organizers

Melissa6169
Level 2

Has anyone been able to print tax organizers from the 2019 program?

I'm getting an error that states "there is no data to print"

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
George4Tacks
Level 15

That was a known issue. There was an update yesterday, have you done that update? 

It really is too early to be seriously doing organizers. Who knows there might even be tax law changes before year end. I would wait as long as possible before doing actually paper organizers. I print a few samples to pdf to test out the "tool". 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

Yes, many have been able to print.

But JUST as many have reported issues, including *exactly* like you are experiencing.  Read of few of them and you'll see that many folks have pointed out that the software is not yet ready for prime time and printing organizers this early, or proforma-ing this early, is a bad idea.  

(edit, like @George4Tacks said before I did 😂)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BBenoit
Level 1

I'm getting this same error and was told by Lacerte rep that there is a problem when you choose to have a border on the client organizer letter.  I have done all updates and still getting the error message.  I'm waiting to see if they fix the problem before printing without the border.

Melissa6169
Level 2

Thank you George.

Yes - all up-to-date.

Yes, I  print all my organizers after Christmas, but I try and get my letters and questionnaire updated first.  I do a test run of an organizer just to see if all looks good and ready to go.  We've been having so many issues w/ Lacerte these past few months, I thought it was our system. (our system would lock up and we'd loose the client information)  After 25 yrs of working w/ Lacerte and same old habit - I got worried it was our system, yet again.

Thank you for responding!

Melissa6169
Level 2

Thank you!!

I normally just do a test run of the changes I did for the Organizer letter and Questionnaire and after 25 yrs of the same process each year, I was like "what the heck is going on?"

I'm certainly not ready to print - I generally hold off until after Christmas.

I'll keep up-to-date w/ the updates and hopefully they will work out the issues before the beginning of the year. 😂

Melissa

lancermc
Level 3

I have a small retirement practice, but have been using Lacerte since the 1980s when Larry Lacerte owned it. I have tried multiple times today and have tried everything I know, reinstall updates etc., and I cannot get the Organizer function from the 2019 program to run at all.....the program locks up.....

Such BS, and of course no tech support available today, and when I call in next week the odds that I get someone who can chew gum and correct the issue are slim. 

This should have taken a few minutes and I have been stuck on it for hours.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

What version of Lacerte are you on?  And what kind of printer?

There have been many, many problems with organizers this year.  Most were fixed, then the latest update screwed 'em up again.

Some work-arounds have been:

1) Print to PDF, then print to paper.

2) Make sure your printer drivers are up-to-date.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

use the Programs > WebSetup /force to get everything aligned.

lancermc
Level 3

I have the latest update installed. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Repaired it with tool hub. Nothing, still no organizer. I have an HP printer in the default settings. I would just like to be able to get the organizers open, then can manage outputs. Will have to call in this week. Hope to get someone in tech support who knows what they are doing.

0 Cheers
lancermc
Level 3

Yah, tried it, no luck. Thanks for the input. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Do you mean the program opens and runs as usual, except when you try to print an organizer after clicking on Tools > Organizer?

Or does it program still runs until you actually try to print or save the organizer?  Does this happen when you print a proforma organizer, blank organizer, or both?

Did you try printing it to a PDF instead of your HP printer to see if that helps?  Just want to eliminate printer driver as the cause.

I'm sure you are very experienced in Lacerte but thought I'd check.  Does the program show "Not responding"?  If so, did you try to minimize the program's main screens and find out if there may be a small dialog box in the back somewhere that indicates something is stuck, which you may then need to click "OK" to close?  Unusual but it could happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@lancermc I hate to even ask, since I have been using Lacerte as long as you have. Are you accessing the organizer in 2019?

Please do not take any offense, I have been known to do this same incorrect direction of travel. 

Best Wishes