Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Organizer

Shari R
Level 1

Are the organizers fully ready yet?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

23 Comments 23
abctax55
Level 15

1) Best way is to try one... that's all any of us are doing.

2) One question per organizer situation is all that's necessary.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/organizer-bitmap-issues/0...

3) The bitmap issue has been discussed in numerous threads.

4) Perhaps the update this week will resolve it.

@IntuitAustin - any progress?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Let's hope they have better luck on the 1040 than they have had on the organizer 😁

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

From your mouth to the Intuit PTB.....🤣

( Generic Comment )"
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Printed one test today. ✔️ Condensed organizer with condensed questionnaire nothing obvious smacking me in the face. I will let you know what/if OCD Partner catches.

No bitmaps. Network installation. Windows 10 Pro.

• 2019 Operator Programs Version 40.1210
  • 2019 Federal Tax Version 40.1216
  • 2020 Proforma Version 40.1210
♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
abctax55
Level 15

@User FIDO 61 

I've printed three/four - I have a similar set up.  No bitmap; so no issues.  Post back with anything your OCD Partner catches (unless it's some you've added..)

There are still some formatting/spacing snafus in the client letter & engagement letter; mainly with either *bolded* or underlined words.  I read a suggestion somewhere; the individual just changed those so things could be printed.  I may resort to that if everything isn't fixed by next week.

( Generic Comment )"
User FIDO 61
Level 8

@abctax55 Thanks for the clarification.

Our Organizer use is solely Organizer and Questionnaire. Other than the always painful editing / adding to the Questionnaire (that I have yet to suffer this season.) We add Letter, Engagement and other pages outside of Lacerte. Just to sufficiently complicate the process so it's not too overly efficient nor streamlined come assembly/mailing time.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
abctax55
Level 15

@User FIDO 61 

LOL... me too.  So I feel your pain.  I don't add/subtract/revise until after I do my annual tax refresher update.  I've started it (on-demand...) and hope to finish it by early next week.

( Generic Comment )"
jerry
Level 5

My bitmap works on the cover page.

Spacing is still off if any words on the questionnaire have *any* formatting.

I can't get spacing on slip sheets to work.  It ignores any leading spaces on address, and inserts weird control characters.  The standard font is also smaller this year on the slip sheet, and doesn't want to accept my larger font edit.

Why can't they leave alone what has been working for years????????  How do you break character formatting on letters, cover pages, and slip sheets?

abctax55
Level 15

Yo  @IntuitAustin 

Sure would like some input on this..... time is getting short for us working stiffs to get these out to our clients.  While it isn't tax programming, this is a VERY IMPORTANT part of the process for many of us.  A process that we've paid for....a process that has worked relatively painlessly in prior years....a process we count on (those of us that use it).

At LEAST give us the courtesy of a response and time line?

Thanks

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  -  PLEASE either confirm or deny this.  If it's true, we all deserve an explanation of how something so basic could get so screwed up.

This sucks, if correct.

From a different list-serve, from someone who has contacted Intuit directly:

2019 Organizer Questionnaire Spacing is Off When Using Bold/Underlined Text
This unexpected behavior has been reported to development for further review. Status updates will be provided via email.

Our next update is currently scheduled to occur on or before: 01/12/21  !!!!!!   (my emphasis)

We thank you for your patience.
Intuit Customer Success

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Intuit Customer Success"

I wonder if the Name Team should take a look at that name and maybe change it to "Intuit Customer Failure".

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey @abctax55,

I've reached out to our development team to get an update on these issues and a time line to resolution. As soon as I have more information I will share more. 

Austin 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

Thanks.  But to warn you, January 12th (per the thread from the other list-serve) will NOT be acceptable.

This situation is utterly, completely ridiculous.  And if it foretells the upcoming filing season there will be massive rebellion.  

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Bump.... @IntuitAustin 

Any progress?

( Generic Comment )"
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

The following issues will be fixed in the next release on January 7th

• Organizer Spacing issues while using Bold/Underlined text
  • Organizer formatting issues caused by the 12/10/2020 update
  • Organizer spacing indentations do not work
  • Organizer fonts not saving correctly

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Which is at least a week later than most of us send out organizers.  I guess it's better than 1/12/21 but just barely.

Edit... not to mention that the 7th (or, more likely the 8th) is the soonest we can start PRODUCING the organizers for distribution.  By then, the normal work flow is focused on year-end payroll activities (Quarterlies, W-2's, F 1099s) and early entity tax returns.   The more I think about this snafu, the more p.o'd I get.  Once again, Intuit is showing their utter & complete lack of concern/regard for what we as tax pro's have to deal with.

Double Edit... just checked the calendar.  1.7.21 is a Thursday.  So this means "we" will likely have to work on one of the last weekends we might have been able to take off before filing season hits with a vengeance.   As stated above, Intuit's callous attitude is becoming more & more evident.

It's still not acceptable, given what we spend on this software and when the organizers have been available in previous years/decades.  

I'm sure it will never be provided, but an explanation of how such mundane, repetitive programming could get SO screwed up.  This year in particular, the organizers (for those of us that use them) are critically important as most of us are opting out of doing in-office appointments.

( Generic Comment )"
Shari1334
Level 2

Does this include the Bitmap & font issues also? 

0 Cheers
jerry
Level 5

I mail out my organizer packets on January 2nd.  Any fixes after December 29th are useless to me. 

I would have hoped the Development teams would recognize these kinds of time constraints.  As someone who formerly managed large SW development teams, I can't believe that an issue like this can't be fixed in a day or two, if proper priority were given.

abctax55
Level 15

"......I can't believe that an issue like this can't be fixed in a day or two, if proper priority were given."

First they (the Intuit PTB) have to give a **bleep** about the impact on us.  They obviously don't.

( Generic Comment )"
jerry
Level 5

Perhaps it's time to get the Intuit's Office of the CEO involved.

Sasan's email is on their website (it won't allow me to post it here)

Does someone want to take one for the team?

0 Cheers
LauraJ0
Level 2

What about the borders not lining up? What's the point of this decorative element if it looks so sloppy? Will that be fixed by January 7th?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

It's been promised, but none of *us* know what they've deigned to fix.

And god only knows what they've 'broken' in the process.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Absolutely, positively, guaranteed to have everything fixed on that update.  Has Intuit ever let its customers down?  😬

Slava Ukraini!