Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Lacerte Tax Program Will not Open

jimgsabbatini
Level 3

So I click on the Icon and it tries to  open but never opens. Then it quits responding and says its reporting the problem to Microsoft.

When you call Technical support there is over an hour wait and they don't have a call back option. Just tried my 2018 Icon and the splash screen comes up but then it fails to respond and then closes.

Now I see on QuickBooks programs will not open.

But all other programs work instantly including Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, Adobe, TV of money.

It seems this problem is isolated to Intuit programs. Any suggestions would be sincerely apprei

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
gacpa
Level 1

I'm getting same error. Won't open either 2019 or earlier years. Tells me i'm disconnected from network and path could not be restored. In another error message tells me 2019, 2018 and 2017 programs not fully installed which I know is not correct. So not sure what's going on.

0 Cheers
jimgsabbatini
Level 3

I got all the same errors. Lacerte tech support was no help. I bet you cannot open your Quickbooks either.  I googledthe error and found that their was an issue in a 2017 Lacerte year. They called it TLS 1.2 protcol error. In Internet explorer my TLS 1.2 was checked like it was suppose to be.   However as I kept reading they said Make sure you have the Latest Internet Explorer downloaded. When I downloaded the latest internet explorer 11.0 it fixed the error.

Microsoft and Dell wanted me to reset my windows and lose all my programs. So far downloading the latest internet explorer worked for me. There must have been some corruption to the TLS 1.2 Good luck as I had been battling this for almost a week. 

0 Cheers
gacpa
Level 1

Thanks. I'll try it.

Because of change in support I got brand new computer with new operating system back in December.  I was in all programs this morning but then suddenly couldn't get in and do anything.

0 Cheers
bigm17
Level 1

I had the same issue.  First QuickBooks was insanely slow, then Lacerte wouldn't even open, for all programs.  For QB, it turns out the WebConnect file was corrupted, so i had to uninstall/reinstall just one prgram, and that cleared up that problem.  

With Lacerte 2018, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and that seemed to work.  With 2019, it just kept showing up in the taskbar but it wouldn't show on my screen.  I tried everything I could think of, then I right clicked on the 2019 icon, clicked on Properties, Shortcuts, and changed Run to Maximized.  

Voila!  That did it for me.  Hope this helps anyone out there, because staying on hold for an hour to get NO solution is something I don't wish on even bad clients I used to have.

mknaub
Level 2

Thank you - that fixed it for me!

0 Cheers
mleonardcpa
Level 1

Thank You!  No idea why this stopped working or why your suggestion worked,  but it did.  I finally was able to hang up after "20 minutes" , that was more like an hour. Lacerte service has been really bad in the last several months.  

Jeanined
Level 1

Try reinstalling. I had that problem with a Prior year and just uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked. I am now having that problem with 2019! Check Uninstall all modules and States"

I"m having the same problem with QB but they said to do something different. I'm still working on getting that going again! What a pain! I called support for Lacerte and held for 2 hours!! I just don't have that kind of time.... 

0 Cheers
Jeanined
Level 1

It worked!! Thank you so much! Right clicked and changed Run to Maximized and it worked!

0 Cheers