Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Lacerte dashboard keeps resetting itself

jbatch
Level 2

Our 2019 Lacerte dashboards keep resetting.  We lose all of our listed clients.  Then I have to go back in and set it back to where it was originally set.  Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Find 2019 Lacerte Web Setup and make a shortcut to it on your desktop, or PIN to Taskbar. Instead of doing the update from the program (often buggy in how it works), click the 2019 Lacerte Web Setup and let it run. That generally, in my experience gives a cleaner update.

Run 2019 Lacerte Web Setup again, before wasting time with support. 

If you call support and get a logical solution, please post it here.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Find 2019 Lacerte Web Setup and make a shortcut to it on your desktop, or PIN to Taskbar. Instead of doing the update from the program (often buggy in how it works), click the 2019 Lacerte Web Setup and let it run. That generally, in my experience gives a cleaner update.

Run 2019 Lacerte Web Setup again, before wasting time with support. 

If you call support and get a logical solution, please post it here.

jbatch
Level 2

Many thanks!  Will give it a shot.

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

@George4Tacks dashboard is equivalent to the Main Screen viewing All Clients on Clients tab?

If so maybe this will fix my one networked PC that cannot see ANY clients where others can see ALL. 2018 Lacerte for what it's worth.

Ugh... Intuit Whack-a-Mole I am so weary 

First attempt - no fix - still invisible clients 🙄

Note to self, fix (so far so good) is here in this Thread

Found via Google by the way.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
no10
Level 1

Yes.  This keeps happening to all of us at my office.  The "solution" noted on this thread does not work. Not sure they understood what you meant.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@User FIDO 61 post this link that speaks to where workstation settings are https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/re-pre-filter-on-2019-individ...

My comment was to ignore updates and use WebSetup each time a new update comes along. It is less buggy.

I just used Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... because the DMS update did it's typical screw up all printing from Lacerte. 

It has been a rough year. 

0 Cheers