Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 individual e-filing

MarvinE
Level 2

I completed an individual 2019 return in early December, with several states attached, and attempted to e-file it then.    It was rejected on the grounds that:

"The IRS and states have temporarily stopped accepting transmissions of TY19 individual e-filings.  The IRS and states will not accept transmissions of 2019 individual e-file submissions until January"

I have attempted follow-up filings on January 5,  January 12, and Jan 19 for this client all with the same message.  Does anyone know of when such 2019 returns may be e-filed or what an alternative may be?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Many of know it is 2/12/2021. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may want to consider signing up for IRS newsletters, so you'd have this info as soon as IRS issues it.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
MarvinE
Level 2

The Feb 2021 date is for returns for 2020.   My client was late so we are dealing with the 2019 return that will not go through the e-file process.  Thanks for your reply anyway.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Feb 12 is for all individual efiling-all years.

Ex-AllStar