Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Schedule 1 in Draft Form

davidsteve
Level 3
Why is the 2018 1040 Schedule 1 in draft form?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidsteve
Level 3

The solution only works for e-filing in draft form. 

Select Client 

go to e-File 

got to e-File Support Tools

go to e-File Disable Error 

Once you try to e-file it, you should be able to bypass the error. 

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
SherriC62
Level 3

Same problem here, as well as Schedule E instructions. 

Both are Critical Diagnostics.

Stefanie
Level 1

Same here. Anyone get an answer on this yet? 

Edit: Just got off the phone with Lacerte support and it's due to changes the IRS issued yesterday. No definitive ETA on when this will be cleared up, but he was guessing "fairly quickly". Fingers crossed!

cmsllc
Level 2

I'm having the exact same issues.  If anyone has an update keep us posted.

JoanChanning
Level 2

This constantly changing of old tax laws is absurd.  
What changes did the IRS issue yesterday that affect 2018?

Here's an idea: Let's pass some laws that change 1998 tax rules!

Why not.

Good grief.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Congress retroactively reinstated some expired tax provisions. Maybe, as a tax professional, you heard about it? Intuit put its first efforts toward getting the 2019 software compliant. Then they worked on 2018. Apparently they broke a few things in 2018.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

What a unprofessional response, and you call yourself professional. I think that covid19 already got to your brain. @sjrcpa 

As professionals we are all aware of law changes, but we do not have time to guess why the software is not aware of these changes. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@davidsteveMy comment was directed at Joan Channing. Covid 19 has not gotten me, its the sheer number of times this question has been asked that has gotten to me.

I guess I was more snippy/snarky than usual.

Ex-AllStar
TriciaD
Level 1

I just got off the phone with Lacerte. The agent had me bypass the "Federal Schedule 1 is included in Draft Form" critical error by going to E-File - E-file Support Tools - Disable e-file Error

samraia12
Level 1

I am receiving two critical errors that my Schedule 1 is in draft form and Schedule C is final but instructions are in draft form. I have the most up to date version. I am not e-filing just going old school.

0 Cheers
samraia12
Level 1

Tried that but did not help

0 Cheers
SherriC62
Level 3

Were there any additional steps after that?  I've tried it with no luck:(

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

The solution only works for e-filing in draft form. 

Select Client 

go to e-File 

got to e-File Support Tools

go to e-File Disable Error 

Once you try to e-file it, you should be able to bypass the error. 

SherriC62
Level 3

Oh.  Now I see.  It still shows up as Critical Diagnostics, but you go ahead and e-file anyway and it shows Succcessful: Bypass Error.  Thank you so much! 

Max Bifido
Level 1

Thanks for the post.  Helped me out.

0 Cheers
kathyh997
Level 2

I tried that suggestion twice.  It just goes back to critical diagnostic once we try to send it.  I have three critical diagnostics, one for the Schedule 1 and two that tell me the instructions for C and E pg 2 are in draft. 

0 Cheers
Jenn
Level 2

ours have already been filed and accepted in 2019, should we just wait for an update????  Although I had one today and it's still saying draft form.  

0 Cheers
FTC 1116
Level 2

I too keep getting the Sch 1 in Draft form, even though I am paper filing (Streamline). I see the form was updated on April 7, how can I remove the Do not file watermark? Thanks. 

0 Cheers