Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-Factor Authentication - Arriving ahead of time?

steven
Level 5

Yesterday I noticed that each time I logged into Lacerte (21, 20 and 19) that I am now required to authenticate with a text or email.  Related, it also appears the the time to present the login credentials window has dramatically increased.

Users are unhappy. 

I have seen these related articles.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/upgraded-login-security-...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/intuit-account/help/security-changes-multi-factor-authentica...

Both indicate the change will be required by the IRS next year, neither specifically states when Lacerte will implement this, though the implication is when 22 rolls out??

Lacerte has also not indicated if they will extend the logout time as per the first article

5 Comments 5

Authentication system-wide is a very useful suggestion.  I have 2 programs and like to join the IAC every day so that is 3 separate authentications.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
steven
Level 5

As an IT Professional I understand and respect the tool.

What is problematic is that this appears to be hear now, not 2022 as indicted, yet alone with no notice.  It also, like another post of mine for SSO,should only be required once for additional versions if one is currently authenticated.

It should also not be required shall we say consecutively with in the 12 hour window.  See article 1.

@IntuitBettyJoPlease supply an update.

IntuitGabi

Login after 12 hours is something that we are working on. There is no ETA on this at the moment. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
IntuitGabi

Hi again!
Here's a survey on 2FA (2 Factor Authentication), if you have a moment we'd appreciate your feedback! 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
steven
Level 5

This problem impacted all Intuit logons (ie QuickBooks On Line, QB Time and other websites like Camps)

As unceremoniously as it started, it went away about 2 weeks later on March 4th, 2022.

0 Cheers