Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-MISC rejected in Quick Employers Froms

RBannn
Level 1

Can any one explain to me why my 1099-MISC I e-filed through Quick Employer Forms was rejected by IRS for rent payments.  I have an email from Quick Employer Forms saying I need to submit a 1099-NEC but the person I am sending it to is not an independent contractor.  It was the person we paid rent to for our office space.  Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

Did you put the payment in the correct box?

Ex-AllStar
RBannn
Level 1

Yes.  It is in box 1, rent.

0 Cheers
eickfarm
Level 1

I have the same problem.  We pay rent to our landlords for farmland, and I have filed them correctly and successfully for years.  If we wait a bit toward the end of the month, can we resubmit?  They definitely don't qualify as NEC.  Do you think this is an IRS problem or a TurboTax problem?

0 Cheers
Jyen2021
Level 1

I have the exact same problem. Per instruction, for rents, 1099-MISC should be used. 1099-NEC is for independent contractors. However, when I e-file by using Quick Employer form, my 1099-MISC for rents (rents entered in box 1) was rejected. So confusing.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"or a TurboTax problem?"

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using Lacerte, ProSeries and ProConnect, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Intuit sells this product under the Lacerte, ProSeries and TurrddoTax brands.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

To get help, as a TT user, you would go to the TT Community, where Intuit has more people, anyway, working with their community on their issues. In fact, that would likely be where the ProSeries users for Quick Forms might find better answers.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
mconneely
Level 1

Same exact problem - landlord - rents correctly reported in box 1 on 1099 Misc and it was rejected after submitting though employer forms with Proseries.  Tried to contact support - 50 minute wait today.  

0 Cheers
RBannn
Level 1

I tried to e-file the exact same information again. This time it went through and was accepted.  Not sure what was fixed, but it worked.  My advise would be to try filing it again.

0 Cheers