Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Fiduciary from 18tax to 19tax

Highlighted
Level 2

When running proforma to 2019 in Lacerte 2018 for Fiduciary returns nearly a third of our clients got message "Failed to transfer. Please verify that client forms can be viewed in 18tax then retry." All forms can be viewed in 18tax, and all have been retried. When will the error causing this failure be corrected? Is there a workaround?

Labels (1)
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15

If the failed ones are locked, try unlocking and then pro forma.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you, that worked. Strange that all of the ones that were successful the first time were also locked.

Highlighted
Level 15

I can't explain it but I'm glad it worked.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 1

That worked. Only some of them proforma over the first time but after unlocking ALL of them they all transfer over fine. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
I'd just like to point out that it might be too early to proforma all clients. There are usually corrections/updates to come that fix issues.
YMMV
Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 1

Another issue transferring Fiduciaries from 18tax to 19tax -

If there were dollar distributions in 2018 those amounts are be brought forward as dollar distributions in the 2019tax module.

Found out with my first 1041 - reporting the related income/deductions on the 2019 beneficiaries share.

Be sure to check your input before completing!

0 Cheers