Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma 2019 to 2020

Jaybird
Level 2

Are there problems with the Proforma process for Individuals?  I Proforma'd all at the same time and all modules worked except for Individuals.  I got all of the details that indicate the information was transferred to the Lacerte/Tax20/IDATA folder but when I go into the 2020 Lacerte it is not accessing the information for Individuals.  I double and triple checked which folder the system is pointing and all looks correct.  Naturally, Tech Support is closed. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

You mention "Lacerte/Tax20/IDATA" but you did not mention the drive. Make sure in 2020 that you look at Settings > Setup > Review the Data Path and verify it is the same drive you indicate data should go to in 2019.

Also check that you are on the latest update - Press F10 > look at Versions > 2020 Federal Tax = 41.0109

There are problems with 2019 and there is a planned update for January 7, 2021 https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/organizer-issues-to-be-r...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Jaybird
Level 2

I verified the drive and all the other modules worked fine which are pointing to the same drive.  It's baffling.  It's like the program doesn't see the data file but the drive designation both from the 2019 Proforma Report and Options in Lacerte 2020 are pointing to the same location.

0 Cheers
Jaybird
Level 2

I did check versions also and that's correct.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Just for fun, since support won't be open until at least Monday - Go to 2020 and add a new client, using an existing client number and see what happens. 

Try the icon just to the left of ef - The tumbling blocks - that refreshes your client list.

In 2020 - is the same thing happening for all modules? 

In 2020 - Are you sure that you did not click one of the filters on the left? (Click All Clients)

Merry Christmas and a Bah Humbug!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers