Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing tax returns after installing Tuesday morning update.

Highlighted
Level 1

Anyone else receiving error message "exception occurred in the tax engine" when trying to print returns with 1040ES? This just started after the update on Tuesday morning.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15

Have you restarted? That often fixes things.

If that fails, do the install again. Run from windows 2019 Lacerte Web Setup.

If that fails, do the FORCE install https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-perform-a-force-install-of-lacerte...

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions.  Tried all of that and still not able to print returns.

Hopefully Tech Support is working overtime to fix all these problems. Sure seems like there are lots of minor issues clogging up the works this year.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Did you get a windows update recently? Try going to Windows settings for a driver update for your printer. 

You can not print to printer? How about pdf?

I did the update earlier today and also got a windows update.  Initially it burped, but after I shut down the computer. Then restarted things were fine. 

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 1

I am able to print all other returns. Its only those returns that have 1040-ES included.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

After waiting on hold for an extended period on Wednesday, I was told problem with printing 1040ES would be fixed with Thur update.

Just installed Thur update and still can print returns with 1040ES!

Help!

0 Cheers