Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up messages

jimskime
Level 3

Message from another users keeps popping up

How do I stop it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAlisa
Employee
Employee

Message from Other User Keeps Opening

When opening the program, changing tax type, or attempting to open a client, a message from one of the other users in the office keeps appearing regardless of how many times it is dismissed.

Solution

While the messages from other users normally clear themselves out after they have been seen by all of the people currently using Lacerte, very rarely they can get stuck, causing the message to re-open endlessly.

This can be resolved by manually removing the message from the folder it is stored in:

1. Have all users exit the program if possible.
  2. Press the F10 key inside of the Lacerte program to view the Technical Support Information.
  3. Make note of the System File Path.
    • Example: X:Lacerte??tax
  4. Close the Technical Support Information window and exit Lacerte
  5. Browse to the System File Path:
    1. Go to your Start menu, click on (My) Computer, and then open the X: drive.
    2. Open the Lacerte folder and then the ??tax folder.
  6. Go into the URN folder and delete the User* files.
  7. Go into the Option?? folder
  8. Open the Urn folder.
  9. Locate and delete the UserM* files. Delete all files if possible.
    • If it will not let you delete the files, have all other users exit Lacerte and try again.
    • If you are unable to locate the UserM* file, Check the local path at C:Lacerte??TaxOption??
  10. Open Lacerte and verify that the message is gone.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Private messages with that little envelope up in the corner?   There must be a block function somewhere in the settings....there is, open that little envelope and you can hit the little gear icon and manage your contacts, or in the case if someone is harassing you, you can report that user.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

I remember this happening many years ago, but I don't remember the resolution. I suggest you contact support.

Possibly @abctax55 knows about messaging other users in Lacerte network. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@George4Tacks  - my office is so, so small we just yell out to each other if there's an issue.  Very, very professional Woman Tongue

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitAlisa
Employee
Employee

Message from Other User Keeps Opening

When opening the program, changing tax type, or attempting to open a client, a message from one of the other users in the office keeps appearing regardless of how many times it is dismissed.

Solution

While the messages from other users normally clear themselves out after they have been seen by all of the people currently using Lacerte, very rarely they can get stuck, causing the message to re-open endlessly.

This can be resolved by manually removing the message from the folder it is stored in:

1. Have all users exit the program if possible.
  2. Press the F10 key inside of the Lacerte program to view the Technical Support Information.
  3. Make note of the System File Path.
    • Example: X:Lacerte??tax
  4. Close the Technical Support Information window and exit Lacerte
  5. Browse to the System File Path:
    1. Go to your Start menu, click on (My) Computer, and then open the X: drive.
    2. Open the Lacerte folder and then the ??tax folder.
  6. Go into the URN folder and delete the User* files.
  7. Go into the Option?? folder
  8. Open the Urn folder.
  9. Locate and delete the UserM* files. Delete all files if possible.
    • If it will not let you delete the files, have all other users exit Lacerte and try again.
    • If you are unable to locate the UserM* file, Check the local path at C:Lacerte??TaxOption??
  10. Open Lacerte and verify that the message is gone.
OkieCPA85
Level 2

Thank you @IntuitAlisa! You're my hero today. This worked and I could not be more thankful!

I did find mine on the C: Drive.

Thanks again!,

Jennifer

0 Cheers