Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership Disregarded Entity Partner Information

AK Mark P
Level 1

Schedule K-1, Part II, Item H now requests the name and TIN for disregarded entities, with the name of the beneficial owner reported on the K-1. I have input the disregarded partner entity information (TIN, Name, entity type, beneficial owner type) in the input section on screen 32.1 for the appropriate partner, but nothing is appearing on the K-1 for Part II, Item H2. Am I missing a step or is this not yet active?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AK Mark P
Level 1

I was able to resolve. I had to play with it for a while, but the partner has to be coded on Screen 7 - Entity Type as Disregarded Entity. That permits the information on screen 32.1 to display.

So on screen 7, I show the Partner as the Beneficial owner with the Beneficial Owner's tax id. On the second line I show the disregarded entity's name as the dba. Similar to how a dba would prepare a W-9. 

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Ed5
Level 1

Having same issue; were you able to resolve?

0 Cheers
AK Mark P
Level 1

I was able to resolve. I had to play with it for a while, but the partner has to be coded on Screen 7 - Entity Type as Disregarded Entity. That permits the information on screen 32.1 to display.

So on screen 7, I show the Partner as the Beneficial owner with the Beneficial Owner's tax id. On the second line I show the disregarded entity's name as the dba. Similar to how a dba would prepare a W-9. 

Ed5
Level 1

After some trial and error, I achieved results with same actions.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
AndreaBinion
Level 1

Thanks for this - solved my issue as well!