Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over-riding auto fill

DDichner
Level 1

When I enter the federal ID number for an entry for a 1099-R, Lacerte picks up a previously entered name and address.  But sometimes the same ID number is shown for more than one name.  I want to enter the info the same as the 1099-R in front of me, and be able to have the name and ID as per that particular 1099, i.e, not to allow Lacerte to over-ride.  How to do that? 

The other side of the question, might be to ask how to set up multiple lines in the drop down menu, all with the same federal ID, but each with different names, possibly different addresses.

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I hate that multiple names have the same FEIN on 1099Rs! Proseries lets us edit the name on that individual 1099R though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Table Editor > add all that you want and then enter into the program by name, rather than EIN. You can have multiple names with same EIN.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
DDichner
Level 1

Thanks, that worked like a charm!

0 Cheers
JOY92
Level 1

Thank you!!!! I was getting ready to throw my computer out the window haha

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
There is no JOY in that even in '92.