Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizer now freezes Lacerte program

taxed2max
Level 3

Trying to print out Organizers.  Individuals got done, now attempting Fiduciary.  But every time I try to access Organizers, either by icon or by menu, it freezes my entire Lacerte program and you must force close (ctrl alt del).  Have downloaded most recent updates, rebooted, etc., and program seems to run OK until I try accessing Organizers.  Then it freezes all over again.  Anyone else have this happen, and found a workaround?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxed2max
Level 3

well it took two days getting through to tech support, and the tools hub did not correct anything, but simply renaming the w19tax.ini file to old and letting the program recreate a new one does the trick.  Simple fix was all that was needed.  Thanks Marisol in tech support!

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Haven't seen any report on this lately and it runs fine on mine.  You may like to download and run Lacerte Tool Hub to see if it could fix the problem for you.  You may like to refer to this article for more info:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxed2max
Level 3

well it took two days getting through to tech support, and the tools hub did not correct anything, but simply renaming the w19tax.ini file to old and letting the program recreate a new one does the trick.  Simple fix was all that was needed.  Thanks Marisol in tech support!