Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizer formatting is off

kwinike
Level 2

Is there a fix coming for this?  Dollar amounts from prior year information do not line up properly. 

Mainly in the Dividend section...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Several glitches have been reported. Wait for an update or 2 or 3.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Is there a fix coming for this? 

I'm sure there is - maybe even today/tomorrow with the routine update schedule.

There are many, many threads on the organizer problems.  And many, many suggestions that it is WAY to early to be producing them.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
kwinike
Level 2

When you have thousands of clients - there is no such thing as "too early" it takes a lot of time for us to get everything ready to print organizers... but we start as soon as feasibly possible.   

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm thinking it is too early when the software isn't working correctly, but what do I know - I don't have thousands of clients.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@kwinike 

The "readiness" (or not) of the software is not predicated upon 'your' need to get started on the organizers.    

The software is NOT ready, it is never ready this early. 

If you want to keep butting your head up against that fact, go for it.  While I don't have quite as many organizers to get out as you do, I don't do anything more than print a few to look at to see what (if anything) is new; work up my planned changes to the questionnaire/engagement letter - and wait for a few more updates.  If that means a few late nights and/or some overtime - so be it.  Keeps my blood pressure down. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"