Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oregon - Federal tax liability subtraction

CGJeff
Level 3

Just a heads up, Lacerte is not currently calculating the Federal Tax Liability Subtraction correctly on the Oregon tax return, Line 10.  Stimulus payments/recovery rebate credit is not being included on the worksheet (line Eight as per the instructions).  This deduction can be overridden in screen 51...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
BobKamman
Level 15

Speaking of Groundhog Day (if you're lucky, you missed today's earlier posts) -- here we go again. 

I'm following Oregon Form OR-40 Instructions until and unless they publish a correction. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-oregon-federal-tax-s...

0 Cheers
CGJeff
Level 3

Thanks for the constructive reply.... (sarcasm)

In the link you shared, you clearly have a difference of opinion, but still has no resolution for the rest of us that disagree with how you are handling it. 

0 Cheers
CGJeff
Level 3

In addition, Lacerte (not pro-series) is not including ANY stimulus payments/recovery credits in calculating the federal tax subtraction, regardless of when they were received.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@CGJeff 

The resolution is to follow published instructions from Oregon Department of Revenue.  You have a problem with that?

0 Cheers
CGJeff
Level 3

Do you use Lacerte Tax Software? 

Form OR-40 instructions, page 13, Subtractions line 10, worksheet line eight, "Enter the tax rebate (economic stimulus payment) you received from the federal government in 2020 plus your recovery rebate credit, if any from Form 1040 or 1040-SR, line 30)".

LACERTE is not using ANY amount from ANY stimulus payments entered in screen 38.2 on their worksheet calculating the Federal tax liability subtraction.

I do have a problem with that!

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@CGJeff 

Why would anyone use Lacerte, after reading all the complaints here?

0 Cheers
CGJeff
Level 3

Every online community needs the resident bully, guessing you have assumed that role?

If you don't have anything useful to add to my post, then don't.  It's clear you do not use Lacerte Tax Software, so your "assumptions" that I must not know what I am talking about are invalid.

Stay in your lane! 

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Just curious. Is the Federal Tax Liability Subtraction for Oregon working on Lacerte this year? It's not working properly on Proseries. The 3rd stimulus doesn't get subtracted to reduce the FTS. 

0 Cheers