Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a 1040 client in 2021 Lacerte and get a "Restore Missing Data" pop-up message about Taxpayer ID Type

karimoo
Level 1

I'm opening an existing 1040 client return proforma'd from the 2020 software and get a pop up message titled "Restore missing data", text that says "The following input did not proforma correctly from the previous year. Do you want to restore data to the current year?" and a drop-down of "ClientInfo" and sub-items of "Spouse ID Type" and TaxPayer ID Type".  Options are "Yes, Restore", "Remind me next time", and "Keep it the way it is".  I don't understand what I'd be restoring so have only hit "Remind me next time". 

What does this message mean and what happens if I choose "Yes, Restore"? 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

If you click Yes, Restore, the program will go look in last year's return and see if the client gave you a driver's license, state ID, passport, nothing, or something else to verify their identity. If they did, they'll add the type of thing they gave you last year to this year's return.

karimoo
Level 1

That's odd.  That information appears to have carried over in the proforma and I checked to make sure the information matched our source documents.  Looks like I can tell it to leave it as is then.

0 Cheers