Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One hour wait for help? Excluding 1099-R income from CA

alx
Level 1
Is anyone else experiencing hour wait times for a simple question? the chat service is closed and the reference number (as usual) goes no where. I have a TP who moved from CA to AZ and took a premature distribution but I don't know how to exclude the distribution from CA. Any suggestions?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 13 - (I assume you are doing a multi-state CA & AZ return) - 

I am reading that there was just one distribution and this was while in AZ. If so, at the top of Screen 13 in the Gray bar is Assign entries to Select AZ. If that does not cure your issue, add a comment below. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 13 - (I assume you are doing a multi-state CA & AZ return) - 

I am reading that there was just one distribution and this was while in AZ. If so, at the top of Screen 13 in the Gray bar is Assign entries to Select AZ. If that does not cure your issue, add a comment below. 

0 Cheers
alx
Level 1
Thank you for your response.  I did assign to AZ but CA is still including the income.  Any other suggestions?  
0 Cheers
alx
Level 1
I just located Screen 51.011 and manually adjusted the 1099-R out of CA.  This seems to have done the trick
0 Cheers
Regarding the wait time.  I have called 3 times in the last two weeks and each time it was over an hour wait time.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Screen 1 - Which state is marked as resident state.
Generally a manual adjust is not good, especially with picky CA.

0 Cheers