Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oklahoma Form 561 won't populate

kimseewald
Level 2

Client is an Oklahoma resident for all of 2019 but has a Texas address in 2020. Have input correctly the information on Screen 1 for full year OK resident. Client sold real property (rental house) in Oklahoma resulting in a Capital Gain of $24,000 in 2019. Property was owned for more than 5 years which makes it eligible for OK Capital Gains exclusion which is reported on OK Form 561. Cannot get OK 561 to generate or populate with Texas mailing address. Changing the mailing address state to Oklahoma causes the form to generate perfectly, but this is the incorrect mailing address in 2020, client moved in 2020 to Texas. How do I make the correct inputs. I tried the overrides in Screen 51, modifications, but since this was not part of a K-1 and does not have it's own Fed ID#, will not generate the form without this information input. Thanks for your assistance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I can't reproduce this error. 

In Screen 17.1 or 22, I've got the Oklahoma location and Oklahoma type of property entered on the asset sold. 

No matter what combination of address, resident state, and full-year / part-year / nonresident status I use, I get either a Form 561 or a 561-NR.

My guess would be that a reboot (an actual reboot, not shut down and restart) might fix this. If not, you're looking for something obscure and specific to the input you've made - sending a copy of the file to tech support would be my suggestion.