Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK OW-8-P not available in Lacerte but Form is available from OK Tax Comm

kimseewald
Level 2

Oklahoma state form OW-8-P, Underpayment of Estimated Tax Worksheet is still not available in Lacerte Individual tax module. This form with its instructions is available on the Oklahoma Tax Commission website. This is generating a Critical Diagnostic which I don't like to override and thus is keeping me from filing returns which are otherwise ready to file. Does anyone know when this form will be included in Lacerte 2020? 

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
WilliamP
Level 2

I anticipate that Lacerte will give Oklahoma professionals a credit/refund for the REP processing charge associated with returns requiring the OW-8-P since the form has been available from Oklahoma for over a month.    The credit for the total processing charge will just barely cover the cost of preparing the form manually.   Just one month left before the due date of the returns.   

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

As the saying goes, you can anticipate in one hand and prepare tax returns in the other, and see which one fills up first.

WilliamP
Level 2

We all know that Intuit will do what is right and have the best interests of its customers in mind.    They wouldn't want to penalize a customer or cause financial harm just because they haven't had the time to get around to a simple change.  

Patrickmerryman
Level 2

Well they moved the release date AGAIN to 4/21/2021

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Available on the 4/28 update just released.

0 Cheers
WilliamP
Level 2

Yes,  On the 27th I sent Lacerte an email to see if we could set up a telephone conference with one of the Commissioners with the OTC to see if we could iron out the issue that Intuit was experiencing with integrating the OW-8P.    The next day the issue was resolved.    Personally I don't believe anyone at Intuit was working on the issue.   I suspect Intuit is having the same issues as everyone else, with people working from home.    Hard to plan and supervise.