Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio unreimburssed medican expense worksheet - For a taxpayer on medicare unreimbursed medical expenses should show on line 3. The program puts the amount on line 1 instead. How do I corredt this?

markguillod
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby200
Level 3

Screen 51 in "Unreimbursed Health Care Expense Worksheet" you can override or put -1 to make zero.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Bobby200
Level 3

Screen 51 in "Unreimbursed Health Care Expense Worksheet" you can override or put -1 to make zero.

markguillod
Level 2

Thanks Bobby,

That worked.  Seems like the program should do that properly though.

Mark G

0 Cheers
TaxGirl11
Level 3

This solution worked in the past but now I am getting an error message telling me the State of OH does not allow for overrides and the return will fail e-file.  Lacerte advises me to file a paper return.  Why cant they just fix this!  How is everyone else handing this? 

0 Cheers
Bobby200
Level 3

I am not getting that (so far!).  Sorry.

Suggestions: 1. Check for an update (Tools>Lacerte Updates). 

If all fine there, then I would do the override as you have in the past and check the box to "Ignore" the Diagnostic, and check to see if it passes validation.  Sometimes correcting and overriding the diagnostic does it....and sometimes not.  

Good luck!

0 Cheers