Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio City Return

taxlady2008
Level 3

When a client has withholding from a city in Ohio that he works at, you don't need to file a return.  You still need to enter the city, wages and city tax paid in the W-2 section so these amounts show up in his home city where a return is required.  Why is Lacerte populating a city return for the work location?  I can not get seem to be able to suppress it.  I've tried changing the city in the W-2 section to the home city but this messes it up.  I have also gone in and put zeros in the work city return but then Lacerte ended up zeroing out the home city information.  If I delete the work city return, it messes everything up in the home city return.  Does anyone know how to suppress the work city return from populating?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Bobby200
Level 3

Screen 54, then Ohio Cities.  Go to City on left window and Add the work city from the line 1 drop down box.   Line 2 of the same screen, enter 2=Do Not Print.  It will not print with the return, but will allow those taxes to offset the home city taxes.