Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove a 1040 from R.E.P.? I've tried unlocking.

tejcpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Locking and unlocking have nothing to do with REP. 

You probably have an extra state entered in Screen 1. I would start there first. Just delete the state from Screen 1. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Are you looking for a credit for the return or is the return asking you to REP it again and you do not want it to be?
0 Cheers
tejcpa
Level 1
No, we don't do any REP returns, but this one somehow is set up for REP & I don't know how to fix it!
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Do you have any states on the return?
0 Cheers
tejcpa
Level 1
We are in Florida & don't use Lacerte for any state returns.  This particular client lives in SC.  I changed resident state on Screen 1 to US.  I deleted any references to SC on the W-2 input.  When I go to e-file the message comes up that I do not have REP access for this client.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Locking and unlocking have nothing to do with REP. 

You probably have an extra state entered in Screen 1. I would start there first. Just delete the state from Screen 1. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Thank you for getting back to me. I would double check on screen 1 Client Information>Returns that SC is not listed, REP the return as it is possible since SC was added that Lacerte would still ask for a REP, but not charge for it because you have unlimited Federal. If there are any issues please let me know, and if for any reason you see a charge, we will be able to credit this. 

0 Cheers