Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte start-up without a screen. Cannot do anything.

mmts
Level 3

Lacerte starts-up but no screen is showing. I'm working on a laptop and no other screens are attached. This is very bad!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IntuitCharlene
It looks like you may be on Windows 10. Sometimes the monitor settings can get stuck where it thinks another screen is active (even if its not). On Windows 10 you can press the Windows Key then P and choose PC Screen Only to try to get it to show on the Laptop Monitor.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
mmts
Level 3
No, that's not it. When it starts-up I see in the bottom left something flashing, and then it's dead. No screen. I reinstalled the software but that did not help. So, something in the registry perhaps is broken??
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try this https://www.technipages.com/bring-off-screen-window-back-onto-screen

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
mmts
Level 3
Thank you! You're a life saver. After changing the resolution I was able to open the screen and it loaded up the client list. Was not able to click anywhere, as the Lacerte application did not respond, it did not receive the clicks. Then I restarted Lacerte and now it came back on the screen and behaved normally. Thank you!
0 Cheers
RichGoldman
Level 1

an option that has worked for me is holding alt and space bar.

0 Cheers
margy
Level 2

Nope!  The problem is the inability to type anything into the Password field on the 2019 sign in screen.

0 Cheers