Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie - Document printing

jcicora
Level 1

We are getting ready for our first season with Lacerte, coming from Drake. In Drake when a return was done, I would print 3 sets of documents, a client set, a preparer set and a signature set. That signature set would contain the 8879, any state e-file forms, payment voucher's, 8821's etc. How do you handle getting the forms together you have to have the client act on, versus the ones they just look at?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Options > Items to Print > There is a default already set up, you will need to fiddle with that.

You will be able to rearrange the order entirely. It has been so long, that I have no clue what the default is. For me, I make the Government set Client Invoice, Tax Payments (the sheet showing when estimates are due), Fed Estimates, State Estimates, Federal return include efile signature sheet & Tax Return (option at bottom set to YES for Only efile Forms in Complete Return), Same for State return. This then puts all the forms the client will need to act on at the end, with the first to be sure I am paid.

Settings > Options > Setup > Program Options is where you select what is for Complete Return - Printer (I have Client & Gov't), - PDF (I have NONE), - DMS ( I have Prep File and Cleint Copy). If you don't have DMS, you would select some to PDF to save in whatever folder selections you want.

You will probably go through a few incarnations before you get things the way YOU want them.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Options > Items to Print > There is a default already set up, you will need to fiddle with that.

You will be able to rearrange the order entirely. It has been so long, that I have no clue what the default is. For me, I make the Government set Client Invoice, Tax Payments (the sheet showing when estimates are due), Fed Estimates, State Estimates, Federal return include efile signature sheet & Tax Return (option at bottom set to YES for Only efile Forms in Complete Return), Same for State return. This then puts all the forms the client will need to act on at the end, with the first to be sure I am paid.

Settings > Options > Setup > Program Options is where you select what is for Complete Return - Printer (I have Client & Gov't), - PDF (I have NONE), - DMS ( I have Prep File and Cleint Copy). If you don't have DMS, you would select some to PDF to save in whatever folder selections you want.

You will probably go through a few incarnations before you get things the way YOU want them.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns