Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Due Date for 2019 Tax Returns

Level 1

Anyone know if there is a way around the electronic withdrawal of any amount due to the IRS or states?   With the new due date 7/15/20 the Lacerte program is still reflecting 4/15/20 as the automatic withdrawal due date for people who owe monies.   We want the monies to be withdrawn on 7/15/20.   Of course I can work around it and not E-File until 7/15/20 at which point the monies will be automatically withdrawn or I can tell our clients to manually send in a check and our firm would E-File the return only without any automatic payment being processed.   It does not make any sense that Lacerte has not updated the due date with any recent updates?   

Labels (1)
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 2

I agree.  Lacerte should update the due dates.  They have known about this since March 20th.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

They should at least let us override the due date, but it doesn't allow you to put in a date past

April 15.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Everybody can relax now.  Word is, the update is scheduled for March 32nd.  Everybody can go back to more important things like hoarding toilet paper.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers