Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative numbers in lists - trusts and partnership returns

taylor
Level 2

On an individual return, especially Schedule F, when I click on the box to the right of where numbers are to be entered a list appears ("Supporting Details").  I am able to enter positive and negative numbers which is very helpful.

When completing Schedule F for trusts the list that appears ("Allocate Multi-State Amounts") will not accept negative numbers, which is not helpful.  I understand that if the list is being used for this allocation that the net allocation for any state must not be negative, but it takes away a tool to leave a record of the calculation.  I most often encounter this with grain sales which I would like to report on the grain line, but need to adjust them for "per unit retains" that end up on the coop/patronage line.  I also would like to use this to net refunds of expenses.

I know I can work around this, but I lose the benefit of the math being automatic.

Have I missed something, or do we need a change in the programming?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

We can now vote on Ideas that may someday be incorporated. Here is the previous post in the Idea Exchange for this issue. Please VOTE

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/supporting-detail-doesn-t-allow-ne...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns