Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client wants to pay their 1120 tax bill with a paper check. How do I print out a payment voucher in Lacerte 2017?

bethbrown
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Corps are required to make payments via EFTPS; there are penalties for failure to do so. 

So there isn't a voucher to print.

I suppose they *could* mail the check (is the return going to be efiled) and hope it gets matched up; or wait for the notice of "where's the money" & pay then with the associated penalties/interest.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

Corps are required to make payments via EFTPS; there are penalties for failure to do so. 

So there isn't a voucher to print.

I suppose they *could* mail the check (is the return going to be efiled) and hope it gets matched up; or wait for the notice of "where's the money" & pay then with the associated penalties/interest.

( Generic Comment )"
nlydick
Level 2

I was under the impression that a taxpayer was only required to make payments via EFTPS if they were already enrolled. Is that not the case?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Corps are required to pay via EFTPS.

Individuals are not.

( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Is that not the case?"

It's amazing the resources available from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1120w.pdf

"However, if the corporation does not want to use EFTPS, it can arrange for its tax professional, financial institution, payroll service, or other trusted third party to make electronic deposits on its behalf. Also, it may arrange for its financial institution to initiate a same-day tax wire payment (discussed below) on its behalf. EFTPS is a free service provided by the Department of the Treasury. Services provided by a tax professional, financial institution, payroll service, or other third party may have a fee."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
nlydick
Level 2

Thank you for the reference. I have no formal accounting education and I'm learning a lot of this on the fly as a clerical assistant.

0 Cheers