Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minnesota sec 179 depreciation addback

TaxLadyTerri
Level 3

I have a Minnesota return with federal sec 179 expensing of office equipment $5,857. Minnesota is adding back all of this deduction.  Doing the worksheets manually, it shouldn’t add back any of this. Has anybody else encountered this glitch?  This amount is well below the $25,000 threshold and none of the items are qualified leasehold, retail improvement, restaurant property, lodging property, or like kind exchange property. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxLadyTerri
Level 3
Looks like this has been fixed with this afternoon's update.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TaxLadyTerri
Level 3
Looks like this has been fixed with this afternoon's update.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You got things fixed in 6 hours?  We are going to have to hire you to negotiate future fixes :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
must be the Minnesota nice coming through in the original post.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I've stirred the pot too much so the Minnesota nice thing doesn't work for me any longer but it does look like it works for Terri.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I think Intuit is a bit more sensitive to Minnesota's problems ever since the State of Minnesota told everybody "don't use Intuit products" when there was a significant problem a few years back.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I’m getting all teared up thinking about the good old days when that happened. :cry::cry:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers