Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MInnesota Schedule M1RCR, Credit for tax paid to Wisconsin

TaxLadyTerri
Level 3

I'm looking for help with the "refundable" portion of credit for tax paid to Wisconsin.  Taxpayer is a full-year Minnesota resident, working in Wisconsin and has wages and withholding for Wisconsin.  In filling out the Schedule M1RCR, it looks like there should be a refundable portion calculated on lines 8-11.  I have the credit for MN tax on the Wisconsin wages on line 7 of this form, but I can't get lines 8-11 to populate.  Anybody else have MN residents working in Wisconsin and paying higher rates on this income than what Minnesota charges?  I'll try calling MN Revenue preparer's hotline on Monday morning, but thought maybe someone else has a solution.  I don't know if Lacerte is not calculating properly or if taxpayer doesn't get the refundable portion of the credit.  Help please.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxLadyTerri
Level 3
Found the solution from Lacerte tech support. Screen 52, Other State Tax Credit.  In the Minnesota section, enter WI for state abbreviation. Then in the Wisconsin only section, enter the wages or personal income taxed by Wisconsin while a Minnesota resident.  This will flow to MN Schedule M1RCR, lines 9-11.  Line 11 flows to Schedule M1REF, Line 5.  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
TaxLadyTerri
Level 3
Found the solution from Lacerte tech support. Screen 52, Other State Tax Credit.  In the Minnesota section, enter WI for state abbreviation. Then in the Wisconsin only section, enter the wages or personal income taxed by Wisconsin while a Minnesota resident.  This will flow to MN Schedule M1RCR, lines 9-11.  Line 11 flows to Schedule M1REF, Line 5.  
0 Cheers