Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is due date wrong for c corporation with a fiscal year ending 9/30/18?

leanneg
Level 2

It should be the 15th day of the fourth month (1/15/19) but it is showing 12/17/18.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

MINE shows 1.15.19 for what it's worth.

Any chance you've overridden the due date somewhere (penalty screen or misc screen?).

And verify you are on the most current version of the software.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
abctax55
Level 15

MINE shows 1.15.19 for what it's worth.

Any chance you've overridden the due date somewhere (penalty screen or misc screen?).

And verify you are on the most current version of the software.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
leanneg
Level 2
Thank you, abctax55.  I updated the software first in case that was the issue.  And the only returns showing an incorrect due date are those with a fiscal year ending in September.  I know all my charts show the true due date is 1/15/19, but it is still reassuring that your software shows that date also.  I wouldn't know where to even attempt to override the due date, but there is nothing indicated in either the penalty or misc screens.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Weird.....I don't have a 9/30 Corp but I changed the FYE on one and it came up with 1.15.19.
IF you really care, maybe copy the file and play in that one by removing/changing the month-end, process the return, even reboot in between?

You can always edit the letter - but I seldom resort to that.  I just don't like it, altho Lacerte does give a good reminder that you are using an edited letter.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
leanneg
Level 2
I changed another file to 9/30, and it changed the due date to 12/17.  I'll reboot, and if that doesn't update it, I can always call Lacerte.  There may be some glitch in my installation as I had to reinstall the 2017 version once already earlier this year.  I just wondered if it was only me, or if others were showing the wrong date as well.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
So far, it's only *YOU  :smiley:   ....but it's slow around here these days.  Others may chime in later.:smiley:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Sorry, out at the dump auditing today. I changed one to a 9/30 year end and came up with 1/15/19 as Anna did.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"Sorry, out at the dump auditing today"

You have a glamorous job :wink:
We stick to sewage treatment plants and leave the garbage work to the county.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Sniff...sniff... what's that smell around here?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
The sewage treatment smell almost masks the Lutefisk odor.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I seriously doubt that...
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers