Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Software Download

kgreen8393
Level 5

Has anyone tried to download 2018 Lacerte software yet?  Its listed on the website but when I try to download I get the following message "Setup is unable to find the required files for installation".  Why would they show it available for download on the website if it is not yet ready?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5
I was on with Lacerte support and the issue relates to the tax planner.  The 2018 tax planner is not in the download available.  However, if you have the box checked to download the tax planner (which was automatically checked for me) then you get the message that setup is unable to find the required files.  I went through Websetup again and unchecked the tax planner box and the program appears to be appropriately installing now.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Let me see if I can get you information/help.
0 Cheers
larrygrussell1
Level 3
Me too:  Today 11/7/2018 at 11:00 AM PST "Setup is unable to find the required files for installation".
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
THANK YOU for coming back to clarify, i will adjust your comment to be an "answer" so other users can find this too! :+1::+1:
0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5
I was on with Lacerte support and the issue relates to the tax planner.  The 2018 tax planner is not in the download available.  However, if you have the box checked to download the tax planner (which was automatically checked for me) then you get the message that setup is unable to find the required files.  I went through Websetup again and unchecked the tax planner box and the program appears to be appropriately installing now.
0 Cheers
larrygrussell1
Level 3
This worked for me too BUT YOU MUST CLICK "CUSTOM SETUP" AND THEN UNCHECK 2018 LACERTE TAX PLANNER.  Then clicking Next will work and you will shortly begin downloading / installing.
0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5
That is correct, I was doing a Custom Install.
0 Cheers
larrygrussell1
Level 3
Thank you kgreen8393!  Most excellent!  - Larry
0 Cheers