Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link - does it send the traditional organizer

I rarely use Link.

Is there a traditional organizer that is sent to the client?

I see the questionnaire and the documents he uploaded but I am not seeing an organizer.  

Wouldn't this be useful for the client and the preparer?  The client needs to see the prior year amounts and I don't know if they are seeing those, especially a list for estimated payments.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

No.  But you can always create a customized document request and upload the traditional organizer your want your client to complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

No.  But you can always create a customized document request and upload the traditional organizer your want your client to complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

Thanks Iton.

I'm embarrassed because I need to keep asking the client for information.

This information could have been easily and efficiently delivered using a paper organizer.  My fault for not learning Link before giving it to the client.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Strongsilence-CPA Glad you find my response helpful.  Honestly, I don't like Link as an organizer although it can certainly be a functional client portal.  Those generic questions are a nightmarish halfway house and will just trigger a whole lot of unnecessary back-and-forth, unless, of course you're dealing with very simple returns.

Still an AllStar