Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Version Reporting (Add to Help=> About)

Highlighted
Level 4

I would like to suggest that Lacerte add the latest update package release version to the "Help => About" screen to avoid any ambiguity and simplify the verification of a product release version.

While versions are reported under F10 => versions tab, the values for the Operators Version and the Federal Tax version often do not align with the packages release date.  One may need to hunt around to find the highest value to validate the update was correctly applied.  This is frustrating and time consuming.

Please vote!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 15

When you use Tools > Lacerte Updates there is a box to click Version Info ▼▼ It will list which items are ok and which are to be updated. You then click update. If you ever get garbage after the update, use WebSetup, as it is often much cleaner install than update. I have 20YY Lacerte Web Setup shortcut on my desktop and I use it when there is an update ready to go.  Also note the X in the lower right corner of the program.

0.JPG

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 4

Thank you for your reply.  I am aware of this, however there is a difference between the component versions and the Package version.  (I'm IT) I want to verify that the latest package has been installed.  I generally do not care about the components which can days or weeks older. 

The best answer I have now is that there is a file on the client [C:\Lacerte\[YY]Tax\Versions.W[Y]].  The top of this file has the package date in it, but it may not show under IND as the most recent operators or federal component version which is confusing

I don't really feel I should need to hunt.  I think this should be indicated somewhere in the program like Help=> About

Got plenty of work arounds, would like some fixes

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 4

After installing the 2/11/20 release this week I see this when opening Lacerte (40.0204).  It happens to be the same as I got after installing the 2/6/20 release.  It's the Operators Version and is just wrong.Lacerte Release Letter 40.0211.JPG

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Ignore the Version on the letter. When you are in the program, press F10 and look at the Versions tab.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers