Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte slowness after last update

scheunemanncpa
Level 4

We are on a network and after the last update, our Lacerte is experiencing slowness.  Pausing while you enter a file, changing to different entry screens and entering data.  I looked at task manager and the lacerte usage fluctuates when just sitting there.  Using up to 100% of the CPU and 70-80% of memory.  This is on all workstations.  Last night I forced the updates and rebooted the server.  Today is no better.  Just now my lacerte shut down when I tried to look at updates and won't come back on.

20 Comments 20

I'm a sole practitioner and I outsource IT help.  Good luck.

I don't use a network. I use Msft One Drive and I have had no 'network' slow processing or problems.

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Try the "Lacerte Tool Hub" and run:  

Lacerte Tool Hub> Install> WebSetup/force. 

If it doesn't help, you may need to consider re-installing Lacerte.  

I've experienced different snags but got them fixed after running the Tool Hub.  Have gotten more grieves from Lacerte than normal this season.  Speaking of which, I got another Tax Engine error last night after printing.  

The explanation to me was that sometimes Updated files would not be in sync with some of the System files.

@George4Tacks once said that instead of updating, he would install.  I don't know if he still does that.  I get nervous if I uninstall and install....  I hope he'll chime in here.

Hope this helps. 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
scheunemanncpa
Level 4

I got on with support fairly quickly.  He tried a few things including the tool hub (I will have to remember to use that in the future) but couldn't come up with a fix.  He put me on hold and then said that they have this issue in the system and are working on it and there should be a new update coming for a fix.

sjrcpa
Level 15

So, another fine example of Intuit's failure to communicate.

How many people are contacting support, which is already clogged, about this?

Since Intuit knows about it, they should put a notice in the Program saying - we know we have this issue after the last update, it will be fixed 03/xx/22.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

@joshuabarksatlcs I simply have 20YY Web Setup shortcut on my desktop. I run it when there is an update. I do not uninstall and reinstall.

If you do uninstall, it has no impact on your settings or client database when you reinstall. I seldom have found a need to do that, except that I have some modules installed just so I can "play" with demo clients and after a year or two I will uninstall that old year and reinstall with just the modules I would use. I don't do any Non Profit or Pension Plan, but I do have them installed. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@George4Tacks  Thanks.  If it's not a lot of trouble, could you guide me how to put the 20YY Web Setup shortcut on my desktop?  (Yes, the "desktop" is the one on my computer screen.  That I know.)

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

How put a shortcut on the desktop.

In All Programs (Press Windows key) > Find the program > Right click > select "more" > Select "Open file location" 

In this case you should end up in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Lacerte (possibly a different drive on a network) - Find 2021 Lacerte Web Setup - Drag & Drop, i.e. Click and hold and drag the icon to your desktop and let go. 

Each season, drag the old one to the recycle bin and repeat for the new year. 

Unfortunately this does only work on the Windows desktop. If your desk is like mine there would be no room for it on the real desktop. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
AndresVTB
Level 4

They do push notifications in the program for the least important of things, but not the important stuff.

0 Cheers
amacpa
Level 3

I just posted a reply to a similar post under the thread title "Why is Lacerte running slow all of a sudden?"

0 Cheers
guyercpa
Level 1

Same issue here. 100% CPU usage. Lacerte running on a local RDS server (remote desktop services). About 25 people running Lacerte and other programs in RDP sessions. Our server has plenty of horsepower and the culmination of 25 users running Lacerte NEVER used to even come close to maxing out the 16 CPU cores. But since the last March 15 update the performance has tanked. This issue needs to be addressed and fixed in an update ASAP!! Um.....please?

IntuitGabi

Thanks for reaching out. We're aware and working on a fix for this. 
Efile latency in Lacerte (3/21/2022)

Subscribe to News and Updates to get notified for posts like this: How to: Subscribe and Bookmark

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
Jenhenheacpa
Level 3

Losing days not hours of time here.  Will Intuit be able to get us an extension from the IRS for this delay?!?

David10
Level 3

An absolute debacle. Horrendous.  Score another point in the column " Reason to consider switching to another software" column.

Additionally, its worth noting that we might want to switch to an alternative software because we are  supporting a company that would like to put every small to mid size tax professional company out of business. 

cjscpa
Level 3

Thanks for acknowledging the problem. For clarity, this is not just an "e-file latency" issue. This is affecting our use of the software ENTIRELY. We've come to a grinding halt.  Untimely. Anyway to turn off the e-file status check, either at the local level or at the broader lacerte level? 

STSVeronica
Level 1

My entire system is freezing for all of my staff, as well.  Super frustrating to be wasting so much time and effort.

IntuitGabi

E-file and REP latency issues have been resolved and we are continuing to monitor closely.

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
scheunemanncpa
Level 4

Installed update.  Still slow

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I'm shocked, just SHOCKED that the new update isn't an improvement /S (for sarcasm... just in case no one recognizes that 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Jenhenheacpa
Level 3

Moving faster in Details view but not in Forms view and it keeps killing and kicking me out!

Please keep monitoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UMDJeremy
Level 3

@Jenhenheacpa Exact same problems as me! Do you use IPM or e-signature? We use both. Not sure if that's a cause. 

Lacerte was working SO well this year until this! 2019 program was a debacle as well.

0 Cheers