Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Shuts Down on Me

LindaM
Level 1

At least once a day, often more, I am in the middle of preparing a return and after I enter information in a field, I get the little spinning circle, and after a few seconds Lacerte shuts down involuntarily.  When I get back in, usually the last 3 - 5 fields I entered are missing.  What is going on?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Individual installation or Network? Desktop or laptop PC? Any chance of inadvertent keystroke / track-pad combination? New equipment or older? Any chance there is a power issue? Frayed electrical cord, bad power brick, faulty outlet, ancient power-strip? 

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
LindaM
Level 1

I am using a desktop on a network.  Equipment is medium age, all the other things you mentioned don't appear to be a problem.  I don't think it is inadvertent keystrokes as it only happens after I have entered a field (random, not the same one) and use the enter key on my numeric keypad.  Thanks for the ideas!

0 Cheers