Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Mouse Pad, for old time's sake

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I just uploaded to my profile the photo of a Lacerte mouse pad that I keep in my office.  It's pretty much the only free thing that I got from Lacerte over the years. 

Does anyone remember (or still have) the same mouse pad?

It shows I'm a long-time Lacerte customer.  Also shows I'm OLD....

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

DOS OR WINDOWS 😲 😮 😯 😲 😮 😯

My first year doing taxes was 1997 for 1996 returns, so our office was already switched to Windows Lacerte. But every once in a while in those early years, I'd have to open a DOS year and figure out how to navigate around.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

DOS OR WINDOWS 😲 😮 😯 😲 😮 😯

My first year doing taxes was 1997 for 1996 returns, so our office was already switched to Windows Lacerte. But every once in a while in those early years, I'd have to open a DOS year and figure out how to navigate around.

George4Tacks
Level 15

I remember having one of those. I started with Lacerte their 2nd year on a Kaypro 10 CP/M "Luggable" computer. When the IBM PC came out we had to buy some software to convert the CP/M disk format to IBM disk format. Ahhh! Those were the days of two Lacerte brothers trying to make their mark. I remember a user from Petaluma CA did a cut and paste of the various input sheets to make a single input sheet for K-1. Lacerte picked up that idea and ran with it. All of this was back when all input was batch input. 

Lacerte also had a heads down accounting program. Enter AMOUNT and CODE. When  you were done you clicked process - went to lunch and hoped it was done marinating the data by the time you got back. 

I still have that Kaypro 10. I wonder if it will still boot up?

I may be older than old. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Please, please, please tell me you still use Lotus 123...

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: I may be older than old. 

Staff buzzed me on the phone: An older man is waiting for you in the lobby.

Later, she buzzed me again: An old man is waiting for you in the lobby 

That was when I wonder why old is older than older...

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I remember when keyboards did not have arrow keys and we used WordStar (ultimately purchase by Mattel? Why?)
I miss it. Ctrl + E, S, D, or X were the arrow keys.
Just as long as I am not ELDERLY, I am fine.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns