Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte lockup

timocpa
Level 1

My Lacerte continues to lockup and requires a restart after the 15 minute security timeout. I have contacted lecerte three times now with no resolution. Is anyone else having this problem and have found a work around.  Win 10 OS.

Labels (1)
7 Replies 7
User ID 61
Level 8

Have you turned off User Account Control? Do you have Administrative level privilege?

Windows 10 seems to have issues with Lacerte. Why? It's not like 10 was a surprise. Intuit must have people paying attention to these things, right? A question for another day, right @IntuitAustin ?

But until then, there are lots of potential fixes to try here in this thread

Asterisk: some fixes mentioned are heavy lifting and not for the Tech faint of heart. Be sure to discuss possible fixes with your Tech Professional before you begin a regimen of Tech Self-Support.

The moose out front should have told you.
xracerx
Level 2

What is user account control?  I am the only one here on just 1 laptop.  When I get up to go to the bathroom the computer locks up and a Hard Reboot with holding down power button is all that fixes it. Nobody is coming into my office to steal tax data. How do I turn off the idle timeout or locking mechanism?

0 Cheers
User ID 61
Level 8
0 Cheers
xracerx
Level 2

ok but what about the other question? Why does the software keep crashing?

0 Cheers
User ID 61
Level 8

Have you tried a Force install of Lacerte? Different from Updating - it re-installs components other than those included in Updates. Do you have on your laptop 2020 Lacerte Web Setup? Start menu > Lacerte > ... should be able to find it. Otherwise Intuit made a Tool see below ↓

How to perform a force install of Lacerte

xracerx
Level 2

who is the moose?

0 Cheers
User ID 61
Level 8

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) Park's closed.

0 Cheers