Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte freezes up

asitax15
Level 3

My Lacerte program keeps freezing or locking up after 10-15 minutes. I have to close program and re-open/login after EVERY single return I prepare because if I don't and it does the lock up thing it messes up my entire client list screen. Most times it just lists the same client name all the way up and down the screen. It also removes columns like name, status, etc., and adds columns like preparer number, client zip code, etc. - weird things that I do not need on my client list - and yes, I download updates immediately when they become available.  I have to because I am constantly waiting on forms to become available.

It does this in every tax return module and on every computer in our office.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled entire program multiple times. So I really do not think it is a hardware problem.  It is really becoming annoying and time consuming to have to constantly be signing back in for every return I prepare.

Anyone else having this issue?  Did you resolve it?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

I've seen it. Usually when the network or internet goes down, even if just momentarily.

Usually, once you're sure they're up, closing the program and reopening fixes it

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
asitax15
Level 3

Unfortunately, no. It keeps doing it and has been doing it all tax season.  It has done it twice just since I posted the first post. I HAVE to exit out and re-open after every tax return I do.  If I leave my desk for any length of time with Lacerte open, when I come back it is all messed up. No power surges, no down internet, just randomly all the time.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... Try the FORCE web setup.

In the future, decline the update in program and use 20YY Lacerte Web Setup to run the update. It is much more stable. I have a shortcut to it on my desktop.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
asitax15
Level 3

Will give it a try. Thanks.

0 Cheers
xracerx
Level 2

I went to lunch and came back. Computer froze. I had to force shutdown and now the mouse will not work

0 Cheers