Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte entries for SALT modifications on a MD partnership

Level 1

How do I enter the modifications on the federal and state returns for the SALT tax paid 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 15

Enter the amount paid as state tax in the federal deductions-taxes field. The rest should flow automatically. I'm getting the addback on the MD K-1 for an S Corp. The MD tax is being calculated on the federal income without the state tax deduction.

Level 15

Now I see you asked about partnership. It pretty much works the same way. Check the box to use the updated MD forms. There is a Diagnostic for this.