Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte doesn't sort by client number correctly

lyleKS
Level 3

Lacerte 2020 would sort by client number correctly.  Lacerte 2021 sorts client numbers from left to right, so my first three client numbers listed are 1, 10, 100, and then later on the numbers are 109, 11, 110, etc.  Is there a setting I can change to fix this?  As it is the current sorting approach is rather primitive, more similar to a pre-Windows approach, and isn't very helpful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitGabi

This has been addressed in Release 10.2. 
Thanks for your feedback! 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
AndresVTB
Level 4

Agreed, this is a terrible, non-intuitive way of sorting by number.

George4Tacks
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/on-individual-client-screen-client... is where you can vote for Lacerte to make this change.

This new idea exchange is where you post product improvement ideas with the hope that they are seen and implemented.

Maybe @IntuitGabi could check with the programmers and see if this is an easy fix. I think it used to work and was broken recently. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

I appreciate your answer and have voted for this but should we have to vote to revert to the correct way of sorting by number? This isn't an improvement, this is a fix to an issue. 

dovdcpa
Level 2

Agreed, this is horrible!  Hopefully an update will fix?  Did anyone try and call?  Do they even read these?

AndresVTB
Level 4

I really can't figure this one out, they set up a vote, as if reverting back is optional. As far as I know there was no notification in the 'what's new!' pop-ups that they decided to change how to sort by number so is it a new feature or a mistake?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitBettyJo or @IntuitGabi could get in touch with the programmers and get this to revert to what it used to be. 

We have an old saying here "If it's broke, think about fixing it. If it works, break it". I remember back in a very early edition of Lacerte that if you had the phone number entered, the Renter's Credit quit working. That was the deprovement of that year. Number sort seems to be the deprovement this year. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

But it is the Intuit way this year.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

"Did anyone try and call?  Do they even read these?"

Calling is a waste of time. 

Sometimes someone reads these. Don't count on a vote resulting in change. We are usually ignored.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@sjrcpa  -   Usually?  

LOL

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

I wanna join the club, too. Do you think George and Jeff will let us in?

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Perhaps... if we offer them all our points?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitGabi

We've passed this feedback along & there's many users that agree. 
Now that we know when e-file starts for this year we'll be adjusting. At the moment I can't guarantee anything but it's on our radar! Any updates I'll be sure to add to this thread and the others that note this same behavior. 

Thanks for the mention, @George4Tacks

0 Cheers
Porscheman70
Level 1

It is ridiculous what they have done for numbering.  Now you need to renumber client 21 as 0021.  STUPID and Asinine.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

@sjrcpa Since someone else posted here and I love keeping this at the top of the post list I want to point out to you a coincidence I noticed a while back. Only two tax modules sort stupid-style now (which means it wasn't by choice, or they all would): the Partnership and Individual modules. Now, which two modules had a ton of proforma issues this year, with data that didn't come over etc.? 

IntuitGabi

This has been addressed in Release 10.2. 
Thanks for your feedback! 

0 Cheers
dovdcpa
Level 2

If it was addressed it wasn't fixed. It still sorts numbers like1, 100, 1000, 2, 200, 2000 etc. I checked this morning and I am on the current release.