Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Data Migration

GeorgeG
Level 1

We recently transferred all our tax data from CCH Axcess to Lacerte.  When logging into Lacerte, different employees have different amounts of that transferred data.  Has anyone else encountered this? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

Welcome George.

Do you mean the employees see different clients? Different types of returns?

Or Employee A sees different data for Client 1234 1040 than Employee B sees?

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@GeorgeG 

And if it's the second alternative presented by Susan - check the settings for how depreciation is computed (IRS tables vs DDB).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Ah, another George!

My guess is that because it is moving from a cloud base, that is why it seems strange. I also want to emphasis that you carefully review the 2019 returns for consistency to what was filed, especially depreciation and state returns. Spending the time now will make 2020 much easier.

For the 1040, once you confirm the return to be accurate, go to screen 3 and you will find a check mark for Converte client (proforma use only). Remove that check mark and the 2020 depreciation and state data will transfer, if you don't you won't get a match up for prior year data when you work on 2020. 

Welcome to Lacerte,

George

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
KHaley
Level 1

How did you convert data from CCH Axcess to Lacerte? It was my understanding based on my conversations with Lacerte support that this is not possible.

Thank you

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@GeorgeG How did you do the conversion? Should contacting support maybe get some conversions done? 

0 Cheers
DennyBriBri2
Level 2

George,

I was just asked to find out how to convert a 2020 CCH Axcess to Lacerte.  I've been on hold 3 different times with Lacerte to get help with converting.  If there is a process for this conversion I would love to know the steps.  Or at least know what does and does not convert.

Dennis

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I do not see CCH on the list https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/data-conversion/

Contact the Sales number on that link to confirm if it is possible. 

0 Cheers